4-307 Ms. Luckie
Ms. Luckie has been teaching 4th grade for the past 5 years (although, this is only her third year teaching at East Elmhurst Community School!) Ms. Luckie is from Dutchess County, New York and attended Marist College where she received her B.A. in Elementary General and Special Education. After she finished her B.A., Ms. Luckie moved to New York City where she started her first teaching job at an independent school located on the Upper West Side. During this time, Ms. Luckie completed her Master’s Degree in Literacy from Hunter College. Currently, Ms. Luckie lives in Scarsdale, NY where she loves to spend time with her friends and family and go to spin class on the weekends.
Ms. Luckie believes that children excel most when there is a sense of community in the classroom. Whether it is celebrating each other’s differences or helping one another during a time of need, Ms. Luckie believes this type of environment allows students to perform their best work at their greatest potential.
4-304 Ms. Pipola
Ms.Pipola graduated with her BA in Elementary Education and her Masters in TESOL from Queens College. She has been working with children for over 10 years in both school and camp settings. Ms. Pipola was first introduced to P.S. 329 by Dr. Longo and started as a substitute for K-2nd grade. This is her third year as a 4th grade teacher and her fourth year teaching at East Elmhurst Community School.
4-304 Ms. Abreu
Ms. Abreu has been teaching in NYC public schools for 5 years. It is her first year at East Elmhurst Community School and she is thrilled to work in a collaborative community of teachers. She has experience teaching 3rd and 4th grade. She received her Bachelor's in childhood education from The City College of New York and her Master's in early childhood special education from Queens College. She loves spending time with her friends and family and crocheting.
4-305 Ms. Rodriguez
Ms. Rodriguez lives in Harlem, NY and graduated from the City College of New York where she received her B.S in Childhood Education with a Bilingual Extension, and a B.A in Psychology. Before graduating and becoming a teacher, Ms. Rodriguez was part of the Bilingual Pupil Services Program where she worked as a teacher-intern for three years, and learned about different Dual Language programs, and strategies to help our language learners.
Ms. Rodriguez believes that every student brings something to the classroom and that children deserve a teacher who believes in their potential no matter what.
4th Grade Math- Mr. Silverman
Mr. Silverman has spent the last decade teaching 4th and 5th graders. He first started teaching in Brooklyn, NY. He loves teaching math, and helping students come up with problem solving strategies. He also enjoys to play chess and is really excited this year's chess team! Mr. Silverman attended Teachers College for his Masters in Elementary Education and then went on to a receive a Post Graduate degree at Hunter College.
Students are expected to write down their homework each day in class in their homework planner. However, the homework that remains constant each night is:
- Read EVERY night for 40-45 minutes from your book baggy books.
- Complete a minimum of 5-7 lessons a week from DreamBox (the link can be found on the EECS homepage).
- Study for your fact challenge!!! (Every Friday, students take a fact challenge in math class).
As for written homework, it will vary every week depending on the teacher and class your student is in.
- "Wavin' Flag" By: K'naan https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTJSt4wP2ME
- "Charlie Brown" By: The Coasters https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UnPzp2lmNk
- "Mr. Bojangles" By: The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-LVXR6rjXs
- "Fool on the Hill" By: The Beatles https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Hlw_9ldThs
- "New York State of Mind" By: Billy Joel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol0dPJdzm1M
- "City of New Orleans" By: Steve Goodman https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SfPyg-mGhU
- "MTA" By: The Kingston Trio https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbtkL5_f6-4
- "King of the Road" By: Roger Miller https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HBQFjoqDYE