Benefits for all
- Benefits for children
- Children behave better and achive more when their parents are involved in their education;
- Their parents receive advice about how to support their learning;
- Their concerns can be resolved more quickly when their parents have a good relationship with the school.
Benefits for parents
- Parents are able to express their views and know that they can make a difference;
- They develop a sense of ownership;
- They receive advice about how to support their children's learning;
- They learn more about how the school operates.
Benefits for the school
- A better understanding of parent's views and experiences;
- A way of drawing new and different parents into active involvement;
- A way of demostrating that the school is engaging with parents;
- Improved pupil behavior and results, as parents have the biggest influence on the success of their children;
- A chance to work with parents to find solutions to difficulties.